As a congregation, it has always been part of our mission to show God’s love moving through our community. That’s why we’ve joined the initiative of our local Rotary Clubs to build a massive food drive in Lake, Sumter, and Marion counties on Saturday, July 18, 2020.
Many people, whether they’re down the street or around the world, remain out of work and are struggling to make ends meet after months without a steady paycheck. Local food banks are vital to these individuals and families, but they need our help to stay fully stocked. Even after the threat of COVID-19 vanishes, the needs of our community will take longer to recover.
The Mount Dora Rotary Club, along with seven other Rotary Clubs, have organized a tri-county food drive to help our local food banks better serve our community. Through the generosity of our congregation and our community, we are proud to be loving God and loving others by participating in this wonderful initiative.
How you can help
- Bring a donation. We’re not just looking for non-perishable food items; we’re also collecting snacks for school students and hygiene products for all age groups. Not sure what to donate? This article from Feeding America will give you an idea of what food banks can and can’t use.
- Volunteer at our drop-off location. The First United Methodist Church of Mount Dora is proud to be one of three drive-through donation stations in the Golden Triangle. We’re hoping for a huge turnout, so we will need all the help we can get! Reach out to Janet (firstname.lastname@example.org) to find out how to get started.
- Spread the word! Share this post with your friends and family, and encourage them to tell their friends and family. It only takes one person to start a movement. Let’s all be that person!
Local Dropoff Locations
Food Drive Date: Saturday, July 18, 2020, 10am–2pm
- Mount Dora First United Methodist Church / 439 E. 5th Ave., Mount Dora
- Orange Avenue Church of Christ / 1511 E. Orange Ave., Eustis
- Faith Christian Fellowship Church / 1951 Dora Ave. Tavares